More than 1.2 billion people use Facebook every day. This fact alone makes Facebook an attractive place for marketers to promote any type of business. Facebook marketing can be both intimidating and fun to learn.
With all the tools at your disposal, it’s easy to get lost in your attempt to promote your business on Facebook. However, Facebook is also a great place to start your business marketing plan. Here are nine efficient Facebook marketing tips:
- Completely fill your Facebook page – Once you’ve created the Facebook page for your business, make sure to fill all the forms in the company description. The more you reveal information about your business, the more trust you build with prospects. Giving the full description of your site also helps users learn more about your business without having to access an external source.
- Post consistently – Your posts are the most obvious ways to reach your audience. However, are you posting on a regular basis and do you know how often to post? According to a study from Hubspot.com, the number of posts you should share per month depends on your follower base. The smaller the follower base, the less you should post.
- Use external tools – Every small business owner should use external tools to streamline their Facebook marketing efforts. Scheduling platforms like Hootsuite allow you to create and schedule posts, saving you precious time. Other tools, such as content curators, help you find the most relevant information to share with your audience.
- Engage with your audience – Unless you’re a big company that receives hundreds of comments and messages every day, you should engage with your audience as much as you can. Reply to comments, thank them for sharing their thoughts, answer questions, aim to resolve any complaints, etc. Communication helps strengthen your relationship with your fans.
- Create events – Facebook events are a great way to get users’ attention and keep it. When you plan your next big sale or real-world event, create a Facebook event and invite your followers. Plan, coordinate and spread awareness of your brand through Facebook events. Use this tool as a way that will benefit you and your customers.
- Join or create a group – Posts can get you likes and comments, but groups have the power to drive more engagement from people who share your interest. You can join a group that fits your business (such as traveling, pizza delivery, web design, etc.), or you can create your own. Post relevant content that will engage your audience or start conversations. If you offer valuable information, you will grow in the eyes of your customers.
- Get reviews – Once you have a follower base, don’t be shy and ask your fans to leave a review. But make sure to follow Facebook’s Community Guidelines – ask for reviews in a non-intrusive way and without offering incentives. Reviews are highly important in influencing a customer’s buying decisions. Learn more here.
- Run Ads – Nowadays, it is harder to get organic reach as a Facebook Page. Just publishing a few posts a week won’t cut it if you plan on improving your Facebook marketing. Features like Facebook Ads are the way to go to increase your reach and get found by the right audience. The great part is that you don’t have to be a marketer to use Facebook Ads Manager. In addition, this tool is highly versatile and allows you to target your website traffic Facebook fans, emails list and more.
- Install Facebook Pixel – This is a piece of code for your website that will measure your website conversions. Pixel helps you measure, optimize and build audiences for your ad campaigns. You’ll see your results in Ads Manager along with performance of your ads. Pixel helps you a great deal to know who your visitors are and to create ads that target those people.
All things considered, Facebook marketing can be difficult, but the guidelines above are a strong starting point. Don’t forget to track your progress in the Analytics feature of the Facebook Business Manager. Facebook provides a wealth of information on their website to help you promote your business.
At Bright Pink Agency, we design & develop awesome websites, make gorgeous print materials, create logos and other branding items, and more. In our blog, we share news, tips & inspiration - like this article! If you enjoyed it, please share.